Friday, 13 July 2012

It's hitting home. Semester 2 starts monday. It would be nice if I felt refreshed, energized and ready to commit to school. Haven't used the time off to stabilize my art and my intention. Instead I just kind of seeped through the floorboards into that space I know too well, where I forget I was ever a student to begin with.
Eat food, hang out with cats, drink drink drink, bemoan the conditions of existence and smoke up, Thumbing my nose at the gods.

I have however enjoyed being able to work intimately, outside the realm of deadline and schedule.





This is a detail from a drawing in progress. Not sure how this one came to be, it's quite dark. I think it's a painfully honest, unsettling image. When a session unfolds leaving me feeling shaky I know it's hit home. Sometimes the world just overwhelms.


There's going to be a lot more colour, shadows creeping in from the right, and then maybe acrylic washes in a couple different reds, over her body. Trying to loosen up, let myself experiment and stop being so precious over every little thing I create.



No comments:

Post a Comment